Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Ho-Ho How Could I?

I gave in.

Maybe it was the Christmas tree I saw last weekend at the local Y. Perhaps it was the combination of ornaments, store displays, and the general "red" at Target. It may have been the Charlie Brown Christmas song "Skater" playing from the soundtrack as I purchased a skein or yarn. Regardless, I dived into Holidays on Ice by David Sedaris.

Although I had received this book from a dear friend just before Halloween, I had intended to wait until post-Thanksgiving before perusing the collection of six stories. It seemed the appropriate thing to do. I failed.

The stress of the week and the distinct possibility that I might too have a very odd job for the holidays drew me to the "SantaLand Diaries" like twinkling lights to a mobile home. I hope you understand.

I am not trying to rush events by any means, however if you need a little dose of Christmas laughter before the actual events of the season begin to transpire, I can now empathize (and I might event watch A Christmas Story with you).

No comments:

Post a Comment