Monday, June 15, 2009

Over my Shoulder

Have you ever found yourself on a train, bus, or in a crowded restaurant without something to read? Then, as you take note of your surroundings, you notice that your neighbour is reading a paper or magazine. Yesterday I pondered the question as to whether or not it is okay in these dire, yet convenient, circumstances to read over someone’s shoulders. I mean to say, I know it is not the polite course of action, but if this prepared neighbour were reading intently, they he or she would likely not notice, right? Just a little headline peak to stay informed?

Then, there are those random days when the person is reading a long newspaper and has it stretched out completely in front of you. Perhaps one could steal a complete article before that next page is turned, or at least check the score boxes? I am not advocating this behaviour, mind you. If however, you happen to be the one with reading material, and you see a girl across the aisle donning an ipod, she might just not be in a music zone and may instead be stealing glances at your paper. Please accept my apologies in advance.

No comments:

Post a Comment