Tuesday, June 23, 2009

June Croon

One of the fun things about reading A Year in High Heels was that it gave me a few more books to add to my reading list this summer. A visit to the library this week left me with The Jane Austen Book Club by Karen Joy Fowler and True History of the Kelly Gang by Peter Carey. The Jane Austen Book Club is six characters meet six (obvious) books; many of you may have already read it or seen the movie. If so, I’m behind you on both counts, so don’t spoil the ending. The latter book is the story of Australia’s Ned Kelly and was the 2001 winner of the Man Booker Prize. Although I haven’t yet started reading this book, I am already a fan as it still has the book pocket for the checkout card.

Also, you may be interested in “John Adams Unbound” which is being exhibited at the Nashville Library in the Courtyard Gallery. We are one of only twenty libraries which were selected to host and the show is closing June 25th. As we near the 4th, it might be worthwhile to take a look back.

No comments:

Post a Comment