Friday, June 19, 2009

June Meeting

Through investigative reporting, I can confirm that all in attendance had a great time at Milena’s for book club on Tuesday. I missed you guys. Our host’s main dish of tacos invoked lots of praise, and all sentiments left me hungry for lunch! With a bean dish for a side and ice cream sundaes to finish, it sounded delightful! I am imagining the lingering heat from the day, the lilt of lively conversation (both on and off-topic), a little reading water, and a lovely kitchen setting. I am sure it was a marvelous evening!

The book received its due discussion however I did not receive any strong conclusions regarding The Reader. I’ll quote GBC Kim in stating that it ”definitely seemed to be a book with many shades of gray, and no easy answers.” Sounds like a worthwhile read.

No comments:

Post a Comment