Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Letter Opener

Last night I dreamed I left my Kindle at the library. I think my subconscious was trying to remind me to read more and Excel less. With a tightly packed week, I have had just enough time to review a few letters from My Faraway One: Selected Letters of Georgia O'Keeffe and Alfred Stieglitz mentioned here.

I'm sharing opening excerpts from two letters to begin your day. One selected because it was written 95 years ago today; the other chosen for the romantics among us.

Alfred Stieglitz, September 28, 1916
[Lake George, NY]
It is another day. - Afternoon. - Another perfect day. But not so varied - not so exciting. - Blue sky - a perfectly calm smooth Lake - brilliant sunlight & milder in temperature.

Georgia O'Keeffe, December 10, 1916
[Canyon, TX] written on paper 24" x 17"
Sunday - Sunset.
I'd like to write you with letters about two feet high -
But maybe that would be a bit high -

No comments:

Post a Comment