Thursday, September 22, 2011

Drive South

It is a toss-up as to which items I missed most with this week's GBC meeting: the company, the reading water, the biscuits or the homemade peach cobbler. [My run training however is glad I missed three of these.]

Using GBC P@1ge's words for a description of the meeting:
Most everyone had read all or part of The Warmth of Other Suns, and the verdict was: great book. This work of non-fiction that reads like a novel sparked a lively discussion among the group. From the author's writing style, to her research and dedication to her project, and the three people she chose to highlight...we found this to be a quality book worth investing in (and worth finishing if you haven't
yet).
I haven't yet read the book but will be certain to keep it in the queue. I dived into The Lexicographer's Dilemma by Jack Lynch and since the Chapter "Vulgarities of Speech," I have been pondering which shibboleths I have adopted by life in the South.

No comments:

Post a Comment