Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Play Stop Rewind

For some time, I have been anxiously awaiting the electronic release of History of Love by Nicole Krauss. A few days ago patience was rewarded and I downloaded the book for reading. As I moved through the first few pages, I paused. This story sounded familiar. How many characters named Leo Gursky could I have possibly known? Not many. Nevertheless, I pressed on. As Leo unlocked the door in the rain, my mind's door unlocked and I became more convinced that I have read this novel however I could not (and cannot) remember the ending.

So, being the organized nerd, I consulted my spreadsheet of book titles and searched this blog. Not only had I read it last spring, but I wrote about it, yet still have no memory of the story. My conclusions are that I'm either turning the corner toward old-age forgetfulness or that I am meant to reread this work. There is of course the third possibility that the book really was not memorable but I'm giving Ms. Krauss and GBC P@1ge (avid book supporter) the benefit of the doubt that this is not the case.

Re-reading any books this year?

1 comment: