Sunday, March 23, 2014

Man, I Feel Like A(n Old) Woman

I still have yet to start the next book.  I had a block of time this morning but used it to maniacally finish a baby blanket.  I can't describe the feeling I had when I finished the pattern only to read I needed to CROCHET the edges.  I had one crocheting lesson about five years ago and I had my mom's old crochet hook.  Not much in the way of assets but paired with a few you tube videos, it happened.

[It is at this point that I would like to apologize to my mother for all the clothing patterns I selected and asked her to make for me when I was younger, saying "This looks easy. I'm sure you could do that."]

The baby blanket looked easy but I'm now having a glass of reading water as a reward.  It was a brutal last hour and let's just say the pattern was tweaked a wee bit in order to reduce the amount of hand-cramping from crochet.  Egads.

Hope you have had a great weekend!  I am happy that I got to spend time with GBC P@1ge.  There's no one else in the world with whom you'd rather prep last minute for a party.

1 comment: