Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Lude-acris

The Wolf of Wall Street.  I'm over the half-way mark and we've moved our domestic money, prostitution, drugs and NASDAQ to the international markets.  When I first starting the work, I thought the book was a bit too far-fetched to hold my interest.  As it turns out, I have continued reading in pursuit of some noble aspect to our main character, Jordon Belfort. (I haven't found one yet.)  Thus far, one of my favorite characters is the limo driver, who only nods and does not speak to Belfort.  I'm also convinced his assistant was under-compensated for her efforts.  While the book is long, the vocabulary is not varied.  Expect the frequent interjections of expletives and the word "luscious."

And despite the above, I will keep reading.  I find the book to be a bit like Kitchen Confidential  We know that bad things are happening in areas we don't want to contemplate, and these guys are bringing it forward.


No comments:

Post a Comment