Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Reading Not Knitting Not Reading OK Knitting

I had every good intention of starting the next GBC read.  But then Sunday, after work I decided to visit the yarn store to get a bit of yarn for this pattern I had in mind and of course they didn't have quite the amount of yarn in the colors I needed so the pattern had to be abandoned, but I still need to knit the thing so I was in search of a new pattern in a different yarn.  Enter 60 Quick Baby Blankets by Cascade Yarns.  In the typical manner in which I shop, I held the book in my hands for a quick few minutes to decide.  Vibrant, interesting patterns, easy to follow instructions, and located conveniently next to the yarn I could not stop touching.  (100% sweet, soft cotton.)  Of course I bought it (and the yarn).

So that evening, after a baking disaster where I learned that a half-baked cake does not go back into the pan as easily as it comes out, I tucked myself away for a little reading (not hiding).

I'll just thumb through a few patterns, I thought.   An hour later, after reading it like quick chick lit, I had glided through nearly every pattern in the book, gaining more excitement after seeing words like Fibonacci, Fringe and Mistachioed.  Then, when I thought it wouldn't get any better, I turned the page for "My Little Robot" and "Union Jack".  And the bonus:  there's a pattern for a lamb at the end.

I'm fairly certain I dreamed about knitting that night.

So, go forth and have children, so I can make them blankets.  It would help me if you spaced them evenly a bit to give me ample time to finish each one.  Thanks in advance.

No comments:

Post a Comment