Thursday, February 6, 2014

What Does the Fox Say?

This week's treat has been reading Polar Bear, Polar Bear, What do you Hear? to a sweet girl for her bedtime story.  Though my noises for all animals were a little lacking, she didn't complain.  [What exactly does a hippopotamus sound like?  No clue really, but I tried to sound confident.]  This book was promptly followed by a Star Wars series.  She was a young woman of discerning tastes.  I like it.  Incidentally, Jedi light saber noises are also a little easier to command.

The next morning, I had to turn down the opportunity to read as I couldn't quite manage a book AND drive a minivan [for the first time ever] at 8:00 a.m. pre-coffee.  This was a little difficult to explain to three toddlers but I did get to practice some Kaizan "Why" root cause.  [Toyota, did you ever expect that to happen in a Honda?]

Here's hoping your Friday contains no Storm (troopers) or large animals waiting to hiss in your ear.  May the force be with you.


No comments:

Post a Comment