Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Bend and Not Break

I'm a bit off schedule for writing these days.  I've slept in five places the last five days so there have been a few days where I wasn't certain what day it is, including today. At least I've always had my luggage.

The airplane time has given ample opportunity to dive more into Unbroken and I'm completely hooked.  The book is a long one (512 pages according to Amazon sources) and I'm at the 50% mark.  As the story evolves and the reader continues to learn more about Louie's life, I don't think s/he could remain untouched.  There were several moments on the plane where I had to close the reader for just a second to regroup before moving on so I didn't have another Seven Pounds* moment.  I can't wait to finish it and I'm rooting desperately for a happy ending.

*The author wasn't familiar with Seven Pounds and opted to select this film on a transatlantic flight to Europe.  Airline attendants fondly remember her as the person who was sobbing in the seat and kept asking for napkins.  Fellow neighboring passengers likely dismissed her as crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment