Monday, January 6, 2014

Gone and the Wind

You've had an extremely busy day yet you managed to get a lamb and eggplant casserole in the oven.  You splurged for a very nice bottle of wine when picking up the groceries because it's your last for the next 30 days.  You have two book options waiting for you:  a literature classic and Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn.  It's Saturday night...what do you do?

I opted for the novel with the same initials as my car.*  Over the course of the last day and a half, it has become one of those books where I've said to myself:, "I have four minutes, I can read a bit."  It's been a little while since I've stood over the electric kettle with a book in hand squeezing out a few more sentences.  GG is a title that has had a fair bit of press and lots of my friends have already read it.  I resisted it for that reason and until the kindle price dropped to the level where I could optimize my book budget for the month.   Now I'm devouring it like the chocolate cookies with nuts I did not anticipate I'd like either.  

Januaries can be so unexpected.  Hope your week is off to a brilliant (and warm) start.  

*Admittedly not sound logic, but it did sound more like a you-don't-have-a-date so read a fun book choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment