Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Easy Go-ing

The beautiful thing about prepping your evening meals on the weekend and having early morning workouts, is the time after sunset can be completely devoted to reading.  You can sit on the sofa with your cup of tea while the wind bites and savor a few hours of quiet nothing.  It's a rather decadent start to the year.  Last night, I was determined to finish GG (which means I didn't quite my A game with my frozen garage door this morning but hey, there are always trade-offs).  

If you've ever felt a little twinge of regret about your selection of partners for a relationship, Gone Girl is a book for you.  You will no longer think twice about anyone who has earned a nickname gem.  You know you dodged a bullet with the Valentine's Day Crazy Cat Gun Guy but there were some figurative ones as well. The Werewolf, The Diva, The Rose Cop, and the Tropicana Screamer?  All relatively tame, when you're standing side by side with Amy and Nick.  Be grateful.  [Also, be glad that you vetted a few of these out while you still had your brick cell phone whose number you left behind just after the guy with a four word, eleven syllable name (who still made you reference the III).]

There were two noticeable shifts in the books; the first, about midway through, was my tipping point to finish.  I wanted to know what happened.  Thanks to all of you at the GBC who didn't give me any spoilers as I was six months behind you from last July's selection.  (I may however call you to review the ending!)  I think this book fits a summer read, a winter break, or a spring break read nicely.  Read it in chunks and take a big sigh of relief at your life choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment