Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Survival of the Fittest

According to Brain Rules: 12 Rules for Surviving and Thriving at Work, Home, and School by John Medina, I should have been in bed at the moment I arrived home from work and the gym yesterday.  Retiring at that hour would have given me a more optimal number of hours of sleep before this morning's run.  Instead, I made The Palm's blackened salmon with a side of Brussels sprouts. [Cast iron skillet = amazing!] The good news is that I am well on the well to mastering Rule #1:  "Exercise Boosts Brain Power."

On the flip side, I know I struggle with Rule #7: "Sleep Well, Think Well."  I sleep very soundly, but perhaps not consistently on the seven to eight hours side of the coin.  Though not yet to Rule #4: "We don't pay attention to boring things," I know I can fall into this lot. [Still with me? Good.]  A list of all 12 Brain Rules can be found here; as far as a list goes, it's quite good.  We will see if I can turn any of the suggestions into habits and invoke a little Gloria Gaynor.

No comments:

Post a Comment