Saturday, November 26, 2011

Sad Songs and Waltzes

In time for the holidays, The Guardian, The New York Times, Amazon and others are publishing their list of "Best Books of 2011." In perusing the NYT list, this book caught my eye. Released and reviewed earlier this year, it has just the right amount of sadness to pair with the newest Ryan Adams' album I'm listening to while typing. [I think I clicked the title because of the early 90s movie Man in the Moon; see also aforementioned sad album reference.]

The Boy in the Moon: A Father's Journey to Understand his Extraordinary Son by Ian Brown gives us a window to view his son's battle with CFC, an extremely rare disease which CFC International estimates to have affected 200-300 children worldwide. The book's been added to my reading list.


No comments:

Post a Comment