Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Read Tape

I have been on a bit of a music kick this week (see also Sad Songs and Waltzes, a Cake reference) so when a friend tweeted about this book, it jumped near the top of the queue: Love is a Mix Tape: Life and Loss One Song at a Time by Rob Sheffield. Be prepared to have a Kramer jump moment when you click this link as immediately the author will begin to speak, however it's worth the mild shock to find an except of the book to peruse before you commit. (Think of it as book dating.) The book has been around for a few years, published in 2007, which roughly coincides with the time that my life became one giant mixed CD with a few common themes. I would not recommend reading through the Amazon reviews as they seemed to be a bit of a spoiler.

As I have been typing, my shuffle went through The Turtles to Pavarotti to Dizzy Gilespie to Live. What's your mid-week mix tape?

No comments:

Post a Comment