Friday, December 10, 2010

You Had Me at Also

We tend to remember our firsts: first kiss (Scotty), first home run (in the park), first taste of butter not parkay, first time I wore the yellow pants (Field Day), first hamburger (Chicago) after giving up beef for a really long time (relatively speaking), and on the list goes.

Last night was another "first": first invite to a bookclub in my new town. The sentence (via email) began: "Also, would you have any interest...?" Yes. Emphatically, yes. The group is mostly neighbors but a few are not. Meetings every six weeks or so - sounds promising. I am excited and of course already comparing to the GBC family. You are my baseline. Will there be reading water? Dare I ask?

Note: Author's donning yellow pants was era appropriate though admittedly perhaps neither haute couture nor complimentary to skin tones.

No comments:

Post a Comment