Thursday, April 29, 2010

bon anniversaire

Today is (near) the first anniversary of the GBC blog. I feel honored to have been able to contribute as the voice for this period of time - thank you.

In a continued sense of ramblings, I finished Emma this morning, and it was lovely to be reading Austen on the train which was (mostly) quiet and picturesque. I had marked a few of my favorite quotes as they seemed apt to my current station (if you will forgive the double meaning): "Perfect happiness, even in memory, is not common," and in another locale, "Fine dancing, I believe, like virtue, must be its own reward." Both of these gems were thought and spoken, respectively, by our dear leading lady.

Though perhaps I should have begun our official April read, I have instead dedicated time today to Madame Bovary in a nod to my recent journey. Bon courage!

1 comment: