Tuesday, September 10, 2013

I'm a Boxer

I've packed my books three times in the last three years.

The first time, all books were carefully cataloged into a spreadsheet and packed according to genre.  Some of the more delicate items were wrapped with brown paper to keep them from shifting.  It was all very deliberate.

The second time, I was still careful, packing books by genre but without the additional packing paper and spreadsheet.  I did dust off a couple of spider webs.

This weekend, Whitman was mixed with Tove Jansson mixed with Kaplan.  I didn't have time to sort and I resisted reading too much before the books went into the boxes (but I still reviewed all my bookmarks aka boarding passes).  I think I've reduced the number of boxes by seven or eight.

Still, I have these, two more boxes of cookbooks, and two shelves yet untouched.  I hope I didn't pack any spiders.

Then there were 19

No comments:

Post a Comment