Monday, September 24, 2012

Toss-n-Turn

If I had known that I was going to enter a sleepless night season, I would have taken a longer nap yesterday.  I also would have more heavily pondered sleeping on the plane (but reading was just too tempting).

This morning in my coffee craving haze, I'm trying to find the upside.  I took a bit of inspiration from Beth Orton in her interview with Tim Adams published in The Guardian that her sleeplessness (from motherhood) allowed her to "make connections that I maybe wouldn't normally make."  The article also contains a great quote about limitations which might just become my Monday mantra.

Ms. Orton played the Belcourt in Nashville last week and from accounts I've read from those who were able to attend, the show was most excellent.



No comments:

Post a Comment