Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Call a Spade a Spade?

Though knowledge to the contrary, I am beginning to think that "equinox" is Latin for "you won't sleep for a week."  The bustling combination of work, travel, too much coffee (never!) and a stack of bedside reading are still encroaching on a restful nice long sleep.  And did I mention the boxes?  I t also seems that Virgo has changed houses which according to my recently googled horror-scope means that I will too.  (+1 for internet accuracy).  And then there's the training...

In a sleep deprived, waiting for the coffee to perk haze this morning, I read this NYT article by Sarah Lyall on Abbey House Gardens and laughed heartily at the image of naked gardening, particularly when thinking how yesterday morning I dead-headed roses after my morning run and picked up a thorn.  (Apparently every rose has one.)  I see the practicality of those clothing-option warriors but I do tend toward the sunburn and a place for holding the shears.

No comments:

Post a Comment