Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?

Zero.  I've read none of them, well read none of them from cover to cover.  Finnegan's Wake I've skimmed.  Was it Honors English?  I'm certain it had to be either a class or some brief intellectual foray during my year of volunteer/travel/learn/run/develop worse puns.

This morning I discovered "The world's most difficult books: how many have you read" posted by Alison Flood and referencing this list from the Millions.  I'm certain that at least a few of our fellow GBC members have managed a couple of these titles.  Stein I can understand making the list.  After all, I compared another of her works to a half-marathon which surely was not the intended consequence.  (At least, I don't think she was a runner).  I would have included a Joseph Conrad to the list.

So, how many have you read?

No comments:

Post a Comment