Saturday, August 18, 2012

I Tri-ed #240

Today's writing has been briefly delayed by a triathlon and a long nap.  I'm fairly certain this is the most supportive book club in the history of all book clubs.  I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Things I learned today that were not in any of the books I read in prepping for the day:

  • You might awake to pouring rain.  In this case, one should go back inside to apply sunscreen.  If you don't, your back might look like a Rubin vase
  • Timing chip = left side
  • Sometimes life doesn't give you a warm-up.
  • When your alarm is set for 4, you will awake at 3 and start thinking about the swim
  • You may accidentally end up in a faster swim heat
  • Despite being better than average at math and having keen memorization skills for numbers, you will forget where your bike should be racked
  • There are no instructions for removing your neighbor's handlebars from your back wheel spokes
  • You will smile when a 10 year old passes you
  • You will smile when you pass an 18 year old
  • You may forget to drink water on the bike
  • You will hug the first person you see when you cross the finish line.  Thankfully, I happened to know the person removing my timing chip so it wasn't so strange.
  • The body markings are a challenge to remove.
So here's to tri-ing something new, setting goals, facing fears, and being just a little bit crazy.  Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment