Monday, April 30, 2012

Put Me in Coach

I have my eyes on summer.  I've given up hope for any semblance of remaining spring (and cooler weather) and with Saturday's bbq, my palate has turned to summer cuisine.  Enter How the Hot Dog Found Its Bun: Accidental Discoveries and Unexpected Inspirations That Shape What We Eat and Drink by Josh Chetwynd.  As journalist, baseball player, and attorney, I suspect he may have learned a thing or two about the dog.

If that book doesn't have you sliding for home, perhaps consider his book released in 2011, The Secret History of Balls: The Stories Behind the Things We Love to Catch, Whack, Throw, Kick, Bounce and Bat.

Mr. Chetwynd has a (long) way with words but the books seem just quirky enough to add them to my book list.

No comments:

Post a Comment