Sunday, April 15, 2012

I like Paris in the Springtime

Yesterday I was distracted by suit-shopping and comet-tracking.  Apologies for the miss in my usually even days of posting.  Saturdays are for random things (and runs), right?

In my dive back into the digital book world, I borrowed Sleeping with Paris by Juliette Sobanet from the Amazon lending library.  While my body sat in the extremely stark waiting area Thursday, my mind wandered down the Seine, into various arrondissements, and finally settling on a hard wall near Notre Dame eating a croque monsieur and wondering which ice cream I will have for an afternoon snack.  I miss Paris.  [Side note:  this yearning was intensified this morning after seeing pics of GBC T1m's croque monsieur.]

The book is a definitely chic lit.  Scorned woman leaves US life and flies to Paris alone.  Enter hot Parisian male with skinny jeans and a couple of other women with similar (former) love lives.  This is about as far as I've ventured.  I've already lived part of this story already:  jobless, lonely US woman leaves US life to fly to Paris alone to volunteer in small French town.  Enter French gypsy male (baggy jeans) who nicknames me "Hulk Incroyable" because I can't lift the same amount of firewood and deems me unsuitable marriage material because my parents don't own enough land. 

Perhaps I need my own book.

Happy Sunday and happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment