Monday, March 12, 2012

You Give Me (Spring) Fever

I had a visit to Lowe's yesterday which made me wax a bit nostalgic over my first house.  Over the course of a few years, I changed every lock and hinge as well as a variety of other items like electrical outlet and light switch covers.  (It only takes installing a hinge backwards one time to make you check it twice.  Outlet covers?  I hope I don't need to remind you to check those twice.)

More than the changes on the inside, the backyard had a radical transformation over the course of the four years I was there.  The book that gave me the probability of whether that fern would die:  The Book of Outdoor Gardening published by Smith & Hawken.  I was surprised to find that a few copies of this book are still available and the paperback version is a cheap as a flat of pansies.

Do you have a favorite garden reference book?  Spring is nearly official so good luck planting something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment