Monday, February 6, 2012

Uncommon Roaming Notes

With a short month ahead, a reminder that our next GBC read is the Uncommon Reader by Alan Bennett.  I have been quite the uncommon reader (or perhaps common) of late with perusal of articles online and a focus on a particular textbook for class rather than making headway in my current book.  

This short article yesterday in NYT got my attention:  Sunday Routine:  A Day to Roam and Write with Nathan Englander.  My Sunday was akin to this however with a little less Brooklyn and a few more rockets.  

I am sharing this book review in particular for GBC P@1ge, The Science of Yoga by William J. Broad.  There have been a few articles and rebuttals of late questioning yoga's effectiveness with injury so I'll add this to the list of reads.

Hope your Monday will be off to a fine start.  

2 comments:

  1. The book review didn't seem as inflammatory as the NYT Magazine article. Will probably add Mr. Broad's book to my reading list one day...always good to keep an open mind :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree and I wonder if the reviewer was in any way swayed by the other article. At the rate I'm going, it will be another year or so before it nears the top of my queue. :)

    ReplyDelete