Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Roamin' Empires

"And when you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you achieve it."

- The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho

My neighbor lent me this book; he said he read it at just the right time, and I feel as though I did too.  A shepherd boy has a simple plan to meet a girl.  While he waits, he meets a man who changes his path seemingly forever.  The man, a king, speaks of the boy's pursuit of his Personal Legend.  A later character, the alchemist, is very instrumental in his journey, and one of my favorite exchanges in the novel occurs around what happens if one gives up pursuit of Personal Legend for something that we are certain will bring us complete happiness.  I agree with the alchemist's point of view.  (I will let you discover the sentiments if this book becomes a part of your personal journey.)  My other takeaway:  life is a circle, not a straight line.  

Speaking of circles, which brings us to pi and then cake, one of our youngest GBC members is officially a few years into his life's journey.  I'm so happy that it includes books, laughter and loving parents who like to read.  Happy Birthday E!  I am wishing that you always follow your heart in pursuit of your own legend.

No comments:

Post a Comment