Friday, January 14, 2011

Doing my O.W.N. thing

Little did I know that my selection of Great Expectations was in line with main stream media, and by that, I mean Oprah. As I sat in the waiting room reading, I received the typical interrupting questions from a neighbor: Do you like your Kindle? Yes. What are you reading? Great Expectations. Oh, you are doing the Oprah books! I had no words for this comment.

Reading time to me is like airplane time. These are solitary moments, and I try to remove myself from surroundings using either my book or music. The persons who take these actions as an opportunity for an intro conversation will receive one-word answers (unless of course the book title is two). Secondly, how is it that I selected the Oprah readings as my next choice? I downloaded the book last spring as part of my going to France, must have books and oh, this is free selection but it never made the top of the queue until now. First book of the year and I have joined the thousands of other women (and a few men) across the US who are reading with Oprah. Maybe this means I should print out the bookmark.

No comments:

Post a Comment