Thursday, January 20, 2011

Cell of the Century

With a little fortune from my scheduling, I was able to make a late appearance to the January meeting of the GBC. I knew I was at my heart's home when our lovely hostess said upon my entering: "I will warm your plate for you." (That never happens at my physical home.) So while I ate my delicious Russian themed meal, I listened to discussion about the book and DNA and thought reading has met my new working life. Torn between two book club books and a textbook, I did not have the opportunity to complete The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot. The conversation last evening was enough to secure that I would.

As we rounded off the evening with a final toast of Russian reading water (themes, we like themes), we left happy and at least for me, feeling quite lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment