Saturday, November 2, 2013

For Everything There is a Season

This morning's run through the woods had me thinking about nature (and on my decision to have Half Ironman finishers as running partners during my recovery...but that's for another day).  The trees were shades of Golden Delicious, hints of Gala and pops of Red Delicious.  The morning was crisp and the air smelled like autumn.  Near the end of the run however, I got a stark reminder that all beautiful things have an ending when I encountered a dead doe on the edge of the trail.

Lou Reed's obituary by his wife, Laurie Anderson, was simple and lovely. She makes reference to nature, trees and movement in the wind.  I'm including the link to the Sydney Herald print because the accompanying photos are lovely captures of the couple.

2 comments: