Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Genre Alley

I visited the library in high school nearly every day.  Some of the time, it was a through-way to the photography lab where I could develop photos with a could-have-been-a-cousin-to-Bill Nye chemist, but most of the time, it was so I could swap out a book.  I had the stereotypical librarian:  lots of cats (LOTS!) and the sweater over skirt with the rimmed glasses look.  She was kind.  I remember the color of her lipstick and the way that she was very particular about random items in her space.  (I'm sure I'll have these same tendencies as I age though I do hope I select a different shade.)

I found this segment about "Libraries Leading Roles" on NPR to be a lot of fun.  The Keith Richard quote about churches and libraries sums my childhood brilliantly.  [Things I never expected to say.]  Incidentally, I've just added Keith Richard's Life  to my booklist.

I wonder if everyone has a favorite librarian.

No comments:

Post a Comment