Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Don't Skipper Ahead

I'm fairly certain someone gave me Lucky You by Carl Hiaasen as it is not a novel I can recollect purchasing.   I remember JoLayne (as people who have capital letters in the middle of their names do hold a special place in my heart) and I remember laughing as I read it.  I didn't break the spine, so I must have enjoyed it.

The recently published Bad Monkey had a pretty fine review yesterday in the NYT.  Ms. Maslin notes the novel isn't serious and there will be loose ends, so readers, this likely won't make our Top 100 list from Sunday.  Nevertheless, it will make my summer reading list.  Ever since my real-life Alaskan Whale Watching Tour turned stormy 3-hour Gilligan's Island rough weather where I took pills from strangers boat survival ride with Captain Hook*, I can't resist a crazy boat story.

*Two hooks actually.  True story.

No comments:

Post a Comment