Thursday, December 6, 2012

Secondhand Love

I've already shared with you that occasionally my books contain the odd boarding pass.  It seems I'm not alone in the habit.  "The Secret Contents of Secondhand Books" by Wayne Gooderham published in The Guardian highlights items discovered in the Skoob Books' warehouse of one million volumes.  (I think we'd lose some members of the GBC for weeks in there if there were reading water.)  My favorites include the tickets and a few postcards (both items personally collected as well).  The last find is unusual anywhere else outside of New Orleans.

In a semi-related note in my rabbit hole journey reading about second hand books, there's also this blog of book dedications.  Though perhaps not technically a dedication, this one had great ap-peal.

No comments:

Post a Comment