Saturday, December 22, 2012

Hark, Joy, Wishing you...

Despite the craziness that is the week before Christmas, I had a few moments of genuine bliss:
  • surprising a few (former) neighbors by returning to town to join a party
  • hugging everyone at the event more than once (tightly)
  • singing perhaps a bit off key (loudly)
  • having a photo made with my favorite doppelganger of all time and still having someone confuse us when she entered the room
  • walking the streets just any way we wanted (but not loose)
  • "performing" for Joy Williams at one of the restaurants, though I only know that via someone else.  (I'm the worst to identify all the songwriters and singers here)
  • talking about life and having someone ask me aloud the hard question I've been asking myself for a year (I still don't know the answer and this wasn't exactly bliss but it was probably good for me)
  • helping the youngest member of the GBC find a chair for a gingerbread snack
  • exchanging presents (books of course!) with GBC P@1ge at 5:45 a.m. when both of us were still half asleep 
Hugs to all and Merry Christmas greetings!  I plan to take a bit of a writing break during the season but I'll be back at least once more before the calendar turns the page.  Wishing you safe journeys, peaceful moments, and lots of smiles along the way.  If you're lucky, perhaps you'll get mobbed by a group of accordion-accompanied rogue carolers who fancy reading water and singing.

1 comment: