Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Berlin and a Step

Two things happened yesterday which took my breath away, and children of the 80s, it was not in the "Top Gun" sort of way. One we need not discuss (potential book material); the other involved stepping off a ledge into a 12' abyss or at least that's how I saw it through my rose-colored goggles.

Both moments were frightening. Both left me with a moment of sheer weightlessness that I hope I will one day describe as a "life lesson," "character building," "growth experience," or any of the other cheesy two word combinations which tries to mask fear and emptiness to inspire hope.

I expect that will be how I will feel.

Now, I am tuned into an appropriate playlist and finding solace in the music which accompanies The Heart is a Lonely Hunter.

No comments:

Post a Comment