Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Three Falling

The June chapter of The Happiness Project was subtitled "Make Time for Friends." One of the author's goals was to "Make three new friends" during this summer month. My original goal when I moved to my new locale (also in June) was to make one new friend. I had a bit of a slower start, but in January, I ended up with two new friends via an introduction. Within a week, this couple introduced me to one more person and suddenly with three new friends, I felt like I had a network (and options). "Three's a crowd" and suddenly I was happier.

Three is an auspicious number in yoga, in religion, and as a grouping technique when decorating. I once had a friend who always referred to her demanding Mother, Grandmother and Aunt as "The Trinity." Three is the 2nd prime number (for the math geeks). The Earth is the third planet from the sun (for the space geeks). "3" was a chart-topping Britney Spears song (for the pop music geeks and blog writers about books). Finally, three consecutively bowled strikes is a turkey. (I am sure all of you are feeling much more complete with this little nugget of trivia.)

No comments:

Post a Comment