Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Happ(y)enstance

It is probably a good thing that my 12:30 am post disappeared with technical difficulties today. (Write with reading water and edit sober...although I missed the editing phase.)

So as a replacement to that which was lost:

It has been said that when the student is ready, the teacher will appear. Although I have moved through Rubin's chapter "March: Aim Higher," my last few days have been more about feeling rather than reading. [Seriously, Aim Higher? Do you know me?]

So as I rang in March last night with a hamstring-screaming yoga session, my teacher spoke of kindness to one another and of remembering love. As we practiced Dhanurasana [a.k.a. try to snap yourself in half pose] and I was encouraged to lift higher, she spoke of surrender.

In written text and mindful practice, the idea and pursuit of happiness are converging on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment