Thursday, October 28, 2010

Thanks

Many days it is easier to think about we do not have than what we do. Over the course of the last few weeks:

I spoke to a man who went to court for the ability to go to school.

I spoke to a woman who grew up in Vietnam and missed the ability to have milk each day by two years because of the change in government in 1975. (She did not have milk and loved it; I had access every day and did not like it. I felt wasteful. )

Someone I know is losing a parent very soon.

Typically I wait until November to start thinking/writing about the things for which I am fortunate. This year I have had constant reminders of how lucky I am despite a hard road at times. So maybe today, you will think of things which make you happy and will have a grateful heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment