Friday, May 7, 2010

We Are Nashville

I returned to a town which seems much more powerful than the one I left. Not that I ever doubted a neighbor would help a neighbor; this tenant is as oft repeated in the South as John 3:16. What has amazed me in speaking with those who have been actively helping since Sunday is the frequency with which residents accepted a duty for their city without question. GBC member KateO and her partner were essentially told that by filling sandbags, there was a risk of death and they had to accept this risk in order to assist. They did, and I would venture there was no hesitation. I am proud of my city and its residents and for the way both have responded in the face of a crisis.

If you haven't already done so, check out Cool People Care and their shirt to support local flood relief efforts with the slogan above. It was designed by our very own GBC neighbor, Rob Williams.

No comments:

Post a Comment