Sunday, May 23, 2010

May Ramble

In addition to this being an exciting week for GBC members, it was a time of recognition for Troubles by J.G. Farrell. The title received the Lost Man Booker Prize on May 19. This award was created to honour books published in 1970 when the rules of award changed. (So many things changed in the seventies.)

The Independent Publisher Book Award winners will be honored this upcoming week as well. A comprehensive list of authors and titles can be found here. I was hoping to report that I had read at least one of them, but I must currently remain silent on this issue.

Finally, to conclude this series of marginally related thoughts, NPR explores Meghan Daum's book Life Would be Perfect if I Lived in that House with this link. An excerpt of the book is also included. As I share Daum's fondness for Little House on the Prairie, this book has now been added to my reading list.

My summer reading will quite certainly carry into autumn. Enjoy the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment