Monday, November 26, 2012

The Truth is Out There

The Mystery of Edwin Drood by Charles Dickens would make a fascinating book for GBC discussion.  The novel has been attempted to be finished by various persons at least three times and is currently the feature of a musical at Studio 54, Drood.  The novel was intended to be completed in 12 installments however only six were published, leaving the disappearance of Edwin Drood to remain a mystery.  Wiki has a pretty thorough entry but I'd suggest holding out to read the story and draw your own conclusions   

2 comments:

  1. I tried to read it...I did not succeed...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I downloaded but haven't yet tried. Perhaps in a pinch, I can treat it like the B.S. Johnson Unfortunates and read installments in whatever order they happen to randomly fall when thrown in the air...though a paper copy might be needed.

      Delete