Sunday, February 22, 2015

Will Do

Some of the books I read are stalked for months and purchased when the price hits a sweet spot that I can no longer resist.  (I'm sorry authors; I know this isn't what you want to read, but I do work on a budget.)

Me Before You by Jojo Moyes was one such novel on my list.  Last weekend's flight schedules gave me ample opportunity for a three-day read.  This title was a NYT best seller and well-rated so I didn't feel I could go wrong with a $2.99 investment.  As I joked earlier, perhaps it was the sunny weather and the thought of a day off, but I lost myself in this book quickly.  I missed safety demos, in-flight announcements and the beverage cart.  Clark was an unlikely companion for Will.  In fact, the intro of our main character completely threw me off (which likely attributed to the "hook" of the story).

With a twinge of Fault in our Stars fated love, I read through the ending with long exhales and deep sighs.  Love, messy and forgiving, which occurs more often in print than in direct experience.  [At least the forgiving part; the messy is usually easy.] We all have limits with love and I've spent a fair bit of time thinking about that this weekend as a result.  (I've also made a mental note about triathletes that will make more sense if you read the book.)

This is a great book to purchase now and save for a spring or summer read if lighter material fits your fare.

No comments:

Post a Comment