Thursday, January 22, 2015

The Love Snap

I have had a lull in novel reading (mainly due to a little knitting project) but I'm sneaking in excerpts from Women in Clothes by a host of over 600 contributors.  These stories are fascinating.

"I Always Liked the Pearl Snap" by Nikki Hausler as told to Mary Mann got my attention as I went through a period of only wearing snap shirts (and dating men who moved to It City to become famous song-writers).  For me, it was the sure, light sound of the quick unsnap and the lure of those not quite shiny pearl snaps.

"What I Wore to Fall in Love" by Sarah Nicole Prickett had me holding my breath.  I was wearing a pair of cropped black pants paired with long black Italian boots that had wood heels. This was matched with a red sleeveless sweater with a low neckline and a black wool 3/4 length cardigan.  Everyone else was wearing a skirt.  He asked me, "was this seat taken?" (the last time I fell in love).

2 comments:

  1. The review I read from The Guardian generally gave the book a thumbs down. The review I read from The New York Times generally gave the book a thumbs up. The only review I care about...yours. Glad you are enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was remiss in not mentioning this was your gift. Thank you so much! It is fun to read.

    ReplyDelete