Sunday, January 18, 2015

42K

I believe I was under the residual influence of the ten minutes of "Yes Man" that I watched last Thursday while on the treadmill when I agreed to an hour long boot camp experience after my five-mile run.  I was still thawing out during our warm up so it wasn't until we were greeted with the workout, Sabados Caliente, that I knew I was in trouble.  I have worked my way through enough Duolingo to translate most of the items however I did get the opportunity to ask "cómo se dice 'vomit'?" to our coach before the set "C" workout.  [It's important to take every opportunity to increase one's vocabulary.]

At the end of the workout while cooling down over foam rollers [a love/hate relationship], I did get the chance to talk about books.  While I was trying to reign in my breath, another gentleman was recommending "Leading with the Heart" by Mike Krzyzewski.  Our household enjoyed sports and Coach K was always headlining discussions while I still lived at home.  I've added this to my list for inspiration since I also managed to agree to a LONG distance run in the fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment