Sunday, October 26, 2014

To Live Crew

My current book in progress is The Boys in the Boat: Nine Americans and Their Epic Quest for Gold at the 1936 Olympics by Daniel James Brown.  This title was a recommendation from a running friend last March.  I took a photo of the cover so I'd remember to re-visit and I'm finally working my way to reading it.

The book is fantastic.  I'm a little over the half-way mark and I'm completely absorbed with the characters and the small details about boats and rowing.  [I'm also enamored that the writer will make an appearance at The Whidbey Island Writers Conference.  I love that island.]  During my undergraduate degree, one of my fellow engineers was a coxswain.  At the time, I was not impressed but I have a tremendous amount of respect for her now that I have a little more insight into what she was doing.  

I'd recommend this book as an addition to your winter reading lists. It will inspire you.

No comments:

Post a Comment