Sunday, October 19, 2014

Monday to Sunday

I've been a bit off schedule this week with heavier than normal demands. [Work hours that rhyme with Katy, for $100, Alex.]  This morning, in my horizontal reading of news and email before coffee, I was happily surprised to read this NPR headline which made the rounds this week: 'As You Wish': Take A Peek At The Making Of 'The Princess Bride'.

As You Wish by Cary Elwes made its hardcover release on the 14th and this is a title I'll definitely need in book form.  It will take a slight re-arranging to get it to sit beside my anniversary edition of The Princess Bride but I'm always game for a challenge.

I've already shared that I'm fond of the book, but I honestly cannot count the number of times I've seen the movie or listened to Mark Knopfler's original score.  I'd put both in a Top 10 category.

Hope your weekend was restful, that you didn't need to use Bonetti's Defense, and that if you were scheduled to marry someone who didn't hold your heart, a pirate, a Giant and a dueling Spaniard came to your rescue.


No comments:

Post a Comment